What data do we collect?
We collect the following data from our customers:
Name, email address, phone number, and other personal information
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How do we collect your data?
You send us most of the information we obtain. When you:
- complete the registration form or place an order for any of our items
- fill out a customer survey or offer comments on our message boards or by email
- access our Website using your browser's cookies
How will we use your data?
Leisure Batteries collects your information to:
- Process your order and maintain your account.
- Notify you about problems relating to your purchase
- Email you with special offers about products and services you might be interested in
Leisure Batteries might send your data to and make use of the resulting information from credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Your personal information is fully secure since it is maintained on our safe servers. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password if you have opted (or chosen) one to access certain features of our Website. We kindly ask that you do not give out your password to anyone.
- Personal data will be kept only as long as is required to complete the objectives for collecting it, including any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To support some of our parts warranties, we maintain customer data for 5 years or longer.
- The email marketing unsubscribe option will remove your information from marketing lists, and you'll be notified of this by email.
- Back-ups of data might take up to 60 days to delete specific information from the system.
We want to send you information about items and services from our company that we believe you'll find useful. If you have authorised Leisure Batteries to contact you for marketing purposes, you may always unsubscribe at a later date. You have the option to opt-out of Leisure Batteries's marketing communications at any time.
What are your data protection rights?
We at Leisure Batteries want to make sure you are aware of all of your data protection rights. The following are the minimum data protection rights for every user:
- You have the right to request copies of your data from Leisure Batteries. We may charge you a modest fee for this service.
- You have the option of requesting that Leisure Batteries modify any data you feel is incorrect. You also have the option of having Leisure Batteries complete any information you believe is incomplete.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the option to request that Leisure Batteries erase your personal information.
- You have the right to request that Leisure Batteries restrict your personal data's processing under certain conditions.
- You have the right of requesting that Leisure Batteries transfer your data to another company or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
We have one month to respond to you if you submit a request. Don't hesitate to contact us at our email if you wish to use any of these rights.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|